Skip to main content

Printer is Fixed!

Hey guys, so since last week the new extruder module from Cetus arrived and has been installed.  And good news everyone! She lives once more!


It seems to be a slight redesign on the old module, with a new, more refined heater module and a new much quieter fan.  The old heater module was just wrapped in sort of a foil, whereas this new one seems to be a nice package with a rubberised cover on it.

They also sent the new extruder with a nozzle installed, so I got a free nozzle out of it!

So what have i printed since fixing it?  Just a few little pieces, a tiny excavator and jet plane.  I also finally finished the centurion Mech that has been waiting for it's arms since the printer broke!

Starman!!

Bulldog tank for Battletech

Companion Cubes

Tiny excavator

I am now printing a MiniNuke from Fallout 4 to be used as a storage unit when it's done.


I'll do a write up on it when its done and painted.

I think that will do for this week.  Just a quick update on the printer and a few pretty pictures of some prints.

Hope to see you all next week.

Troez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ovion's Battletech 3D Printable Models

Hey guys, this week I wanted to draw attention to the Patreon of a guy on the Battletech Discord. He's a freelance 3d modeler and is doing some really cool stuff for tabletop Battletech, Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons communities. As I know him from the Battletech Discord (Come check it out by the way) I'm going to showcase some of the models he's put up on his Patreon in relation to the game with the big stompy mechs!  All of his models are created by him from scratch and they look great!  I won't put any names with them, for copyrighting reasons, but I'm sure you Battletech fans out there will be able to figure out what's what. I picked a small selection of his models to show here, but go check out his page for the whole lot and he is releasing new models all the time. Tanks 'Mechs If you don't see what you like or if Battletech isn't your thing, he does commissions for custom models so it would definitely be wor...

Miniature Scales

First things first, I think  I have solved the jamming issue I talked about last week!  All seems to be running smoothly for the moment so fingers crossed it should be good for now.  I probably will order myself a set of new nozzles anyway just in case something like this does happen again. In the past I have found myself talking to people about scales in tabletop gaming (I know, life of the party right?) and being met with a blank stare so this week I'd thought I'd quickly go over some of the scales relevant to the games I've previously mentioned on my blog and how they are worked out. Probably the most popular scale in modern wargaming and tabletop gaming would be 28mm or 1:64.  Most well known miniature games use it, for example Heroforge , DnD and Games Workshop all use 28mm scale miniatures. Although Games Workshop uses 28mm, their models appear larger due to the bulkier sculpting and style.  This is also sometimes referred to as 'Heroic scale'....

REVIEW: Cetus3D MK2

Hey guys, I thought this week I'd give a brief review of the printer I have at home, the Cetus3D .  A lot of people ask online about affordable 3D printers and in my opinion this one is one of the best value for money printers out there.  This will be a very brief review (if you can even call it that) of my experiences with the Cetus3D MK2 3D Printer!! As you can see from the photo above, this is truly a desktop printer, with a really neat little form factor that focuses on function over looking particularly pretty which I really like. The company is based in China, but all of the best budget 3D Printers seem to be coming out of China and the limited contact I have had with their customer service has been exemplary. Specs Printing Technology Melted Extrusion Modeling (MEM) (or FDM to you and me) Build Volume 180(W)x180(H)x180(D) mm 7” x 7” x 7” Print Head Single, Direct Extrusion Nozzle Options Brass: 0.2mm/0.4mm/0.6mm Linear Motion System Stainless Steel Lin...