Skip to main content

New Business Cards

Hey guys, so just for fun I thought I'd get myself some business cards!

I'd been telling people about my little hobby (No, not that one, 3D printing you filthy minded animals) and it was getting exhausting having to spell out web addresses or look over their shoulder as they tried to find the correct Instagram page.  So I decided to mock up some basic cards that had a QR code for my Instagram, Facebook and this blog.  I ended up liking the simple design so much I went ahead and ordered some cards!

The QR cards make it a breeze to get people to the right pages, especially on Apple (urgh) as the native camera app picks up the code when pointed at the image with no other apps required (Android still requires a dedicated QR scanner app, come on Google! Sort it out!).  I used a free online QR code design tool and stuck some mini logos in the middle of each so people would know which code took them where.

I paid a little extra to get the cards with raised print and double sided, and when they turned up, let me tell you! I was completely.... underwhelmed to be honest.

I mean, they're nice but they seem a little on the thin side and the edges of the cards are showing a bit of white straight out of the box.

They definitely wouldn't impress Patrick Bateman.

I also went ahead and printed myself a card holder, rather than buying the little metal one everyone has from Vistaprint.

It's pretty cool, and you can get the STL here, but the two parts don't fit together particularly snugly and I might design some sort of clip to hold it together a bit better, or maybe I'll find some other version to print.

On another note, I have been giving some thought to printing commissions for people, but it's just a thought at the moment so we'll have to see what comes of it, if anything.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you all next week.

Troez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroforge

If any of you play table top games like Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder you will know there is no limit to the companies providing high quality miniatures for your games.  However if you want to stray from the norm, and for example have a steampunk Dwarf or Elf, where do you go? Games Workshop make great miniatures but they are limited to the armies that they use in their games.  Places like Dark Sword Minis or Reaper provide a more traditional set of miniatures for fantasy type games and even a few for Sci Fi, but what if you need that one miniature that suits your character perfectly but doesn't exist? Well with the advent of 3D printing, some companies have begun to offer online customisation of miniatures which you can order printed or even download the STL files to print yourself at home.  The most well known of these sites is Heroforge . Heroforge allows you massive amounts of customisation for your miniature, from race and gender all the way down to clo

Ovion's Battletech 3D Printable Models

Hey guys, this week I wanted to draw attention to the Patreon of a guy on the Battletech Discord. He's a freelance 3d modeler and is doing some really cool stuff for tabletop Battletech, Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons communities. As I know him from the Battletech Discord (Come check it out by the way) I'm going to showcase some of the models he's put up on his Patreon in relation to the game with the big stompy mechs!  All of his models are created by him from scratch and they look great!  I won't put any names with them, for copyrighting reasons, but I'm sure you Battletech fans out there will be able to figure out what's what. I picked a small selection of his models to show here, but go check out his page for the whole lot and he is releasing new models all the time. Tanks 'Mechs If you don't see what you like or if Battletech isn't your thing, he does commissions for custom models so it would definitely be wor

REVIEW: Cetus3D MK2

Hey guys, I thought this week I'd give a brief review of the printer I have at home, the Cetus3D .  A lot of people ask online about affordable 3D printers and in my opinion this one is one of the best value for money printers out there.  This will be a very brief review (if you can even call it that) of my experiences with the Cetus3D MK2 3D Printer!! As you can see from the photo above, this is truly a desktop printer, with a really neat little form factor that focuses on function over looking particularly pretty which I really like. The company is based in China, but all of the best budget 3D Printers seem to be coming out of China and the limited contact I have had with their customer service has been exemplary. Specs Printing Technology Melted Extrusion Modeling (MEM) (or FDM to you and me) Build Volume 180(W)x180(H)x180(D) mm 7” x 7” x 7” Print Head Single, Direct Extrusion Nozzle Options Brass: 0.2mm/0.4mm/0.6mm Linear Motion System Stainless Steel Linear R